1. SGD Fixed Deposit:
(1) SGD Fixed Deposit promotional interest rate (The minimum deposit amount over counter is SGD20,000,the minimum deposit amount via E-banking is SGD500）
Promotion is available from today till further notice.
|Over the Counter
||SGD20,000 & Above
||SGD500 & Above
The following applies on maturity of the FD with auto-renewal instructions provided via electronic banking (ICBC Internet Banking or Mobile Banking) (“E-banking”):
For FD placed before 28th April 2020
1.Tenor of 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 9 months: FD will enjoy prevailing Over-the-Counter Promotion Rate upon maturity of FD. For e.g., if you place 3 months FD on 5th February 2020, the prevailing Over-the-Counter Promotion Rate will automatically apply on renewal.
2.Tenor of 12 months: FD will enjoy prevailing E-banking Promotion Rate upon maturity of FD.
For FD placed after 28th April 2020 (date inclusive)
1.Tenor of 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months or 12 months: FD will enjoy prevailing E-banking Promotional Rate upon maturity. For e.g., if you place 3 months FD on 29th April 2020, the prevailing E-banking Promotional Rate will automatically apply on renewal.
(2) SGD Fixed Deposit interest board rate
1)Minimum deposit SGD500. We offer tenors of 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months.
2)No penalty for pre-matured withdrawal of fixed deposit, you will get paid based on prevailing current account interest rate.
3)“Fresh Funds” refers to funds that do not originate from any existing accounts you have with us. For example, any transfer of funds between ICBC account(s) would not be considered as fresh funds.
《Fixed Deposit Promotion Terms and Conditions》 apply. For more details, please click here.
2.SGD Step-Up Fixed Deposit
1）One year tenure sectional interest rate:
||1st cycle (1st-3rd months)
||2nd cycle (4th-6th months)
||3rd cycle (7th-9th months)
||4th cycle (10th-12th months)
|Minimum deposit of SGD5,000 and above
Illustration of calculation of interest for full Tenure:
Principle x 0.15% x No. of days in 1st cycle/365 + Principle x 0.30% x No. of days in 2nd cycle/365 + Principle x 0.50% x No. of days in 3rd cycle/365 + Principle x 1.05% x No. of days in 4th cycle/365
Example of calculation of interest based on a deposit of SGD5,000 and held for 12 months:
5,000 x 0.15% x 91/365+ 5,000 x 0.30% x 91/365+ 5,000 x 0.50% x 92/365+ 5,000 x 1.05% x 92/365= SGD 25 (rounded)
Example of calculation of interest based on a deposit of SGD5,000 and customer decides to terminate on the 3rd cycle with principal of SGD5,000.
5,000 x 0.15% x 91/365+ 5,000 x 0.30% x 91/365+ 5,000 x 0.30% x No. of days in 3rd cycle /365
2) Two-year tenure sectional interest rate as follow:
||1st cycle (1st-6th months)
||2nd cycle (7th-12th months)
||3rd cycle (13th-18th months)
||4th cycle (19th-24th months)
|Minimum deposit of SGD5,000 and above
Interest calculation as follow：
Principle x 0.20%x No. of days in 1st cycle/365+ Principle 0.45%x No. of days in 2nd cycle/365+ Principle x 0.60%x No. of days in 3rd cycle/365+ Principle x 0.75%x No. of days in 4th cycle/365
1) The interest is calculated based on completed cycles with corresponding interest rate for each cycle and credited to the customer’s current account on the following banking day after the end of each cycle. If that day falls on a public holiday, you will be paid on the next banking day.
2) For withdrawal before maturity, you will be paid full interest for all completed cycles. For incomplete cycle, you will be paid interest rate using the previous cycle multiply by the number of completed days in the current cycle . If early withdrawal happens in the first cycle, you will be paid the prevailing current account interest rate as there is no completed previous cycle.
Say you decide to terminate the 2 year tenure SGD step up fixed deposit on the 3rd cycle with principal of SGD5,000
Interest payable is calculated as follows:
Principle x 0.20%x No. of days in 1st cycle/365+ Principle x 0.45%x No. of days in 2nd cycle/365+ Principle x 0.45%x No. of days in 3rd cycle/365
3) For SGD step-up fixed deposit, customer must maintain a current account with us for the purpose of crediting the interest payable. Prevailing interest rate is payable on this current account instead of the tired interest. Check with branch for rates applicable for this current account.
《Step-Up Fixed Deposit Promotion Terms and Conditions》apply. For more details, please click here.
These fixed deposit terms may be made available to you in English and Mandarin version but not necessarily. If there are English and Mandarin version to these terms, the English version will prevail at all times in the event of inconsistency.
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$ 75,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.
Information as at November 17, 2023.
Step-Up Deposit FAQ >>